Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Hi All,

I've only got 5 minutes left in this Internet cafe so I can't write much. Yesterday we caught the ferry from Helsinki to Tallinn (Estonia). The ferry ride is only about 2.5 hrs and is full of Finns stocking up on duty free booze and ciggies. The trip was very smooth, the water is almost glass-like. On the TVs inside they have Finnish Karaoke hits, which is hilarious to outsiders but the Finns are quite serious and don't appreciate it when you laugh at their songs...it's like Eurovision but worse.

Tallinn is great, much much older than Helsinki and the old section of town has lots of castles, churches, fortifications, etc. Very medieval city. We're going on a bike tour this arvo and watching a soccer game tonight I think, and then early tomorrow catching the bus to Riga, Latvia.

The hotel here is very small but quite nice, and my room is great. No photos now but I'll try to check in again in a few days.

Brad.

No comments: